Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent Goal: 40 Hours of Creativity

Yep. Today is the first day of Lent. I’m glad I wrote my follow-up post to how last year’s Lent project turned out because I desperately needed Steph’s comment on that post. She said:
“My goal is to overcome fear of success. Mine is to work through a series of smaller goals in both my professional and personal life, taking on ‘What I Really Want’ with fearless abandon. So this will be the year all of my excuses died. And the year that I want to see what I am made of…”
I like the idea of pursuing the things I really want with “fearless abandon”. I also love the idea of challenging myself and discovering what I am made of. I have challenged so many other aspects of my life, but creativity has fallen by the wayside. I have a lot of unused or underused skills and talents that need focusing and direction.

My goal for the next 40 days of Lent is to devote a total of 40 hours to drawing. I want to make it really specific. 40 hours of drawing LGBT related cartoons, portraits, or political statements. Leigh used the phrase “body of work”. Time to start putting that together. 

Will post pictures... 

8 comments:

  1. I like that idea a lot! I'm looking forward to seeing things posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this will all be posted, too, especially the cartoons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an amazing goal! I'm always for spending time on creativity.

    I'm actually an aspiring Artist and Illustrator, and I'm thinking of taking the summer off to make art and write like crazy and put a portfolio together.

    Good luck! I'm really excited to see the stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I will check back in hopes of catching your creativity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Idea! I usually give up hope for Lent, but this year I wanted to do something different. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all are going to totally make me feel accountable now!!! Thats a good thing. I can already feel myself wanting to pull back from this goal even though it is a really really good and important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't "do" Lent, but you inspire me to have a creative short term goal. Fearless is good. I am always a little unsure and have a fear of embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments, allow for anonymous comments, and almost always respond. Feel free to say something if you feel so inclined or you can email me at ibamosaserreinas@gmail.com.