Monday, April 30, 2012

Stress fading...

Stressed out Kiley and relaxed well-balanced Kiley are two different people… I realized this or rather relearned it a few days ago. I usually make an effort to separate work from home time but it has been a bit crazy the last few weeks. There have been such odious and awful things as state testing at school, taxes had to be done, registering my car in Louisiana was long overdue, I almost had to take a $3000 pay cut because of a lack of educational funding in the state, and general end of the school year craziness has been at peak levels…

Most of these things have worked themselves out and I am calming down. I’m looking forward to returning to the more chill and relaxed me that I have not seen since at least the middle of March… Stress is a funny thing for me. I don’t always realize that I am stressed right away. Sometimes it takes me a few weeks to realize it. By that time it has come, started its destructive process, and is sometimes on its way out before I am totally aware of it…

Today I was riding my bike down a hill feeling the wind on my face and running through my hair and something broke. The stress that had been building up started to dissipate… I did not even realize the level it had built up to until it started to go away today. I’m feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, allow for anonymous comments, and almost always respond. Feel free to say something if you feel so inclined or you can email me at ibamosaserreinas@gmail.com.